Thursday 10 May 2012

Mixed Feelings Part I

The video below is that of 80s Malaysian pop-singer Raja Ema. She has a penchant for acting a little bit too cute for her age & her own good. She embodies everything that was kitschy & OTT about that particular era. Think Cyndi Lauper meets Hannah Montana meets Nicki Minaj. Yes, my brains bled too, from all that thinking.

So what has that got to do with the title of today's post?

Well, I don't know if I want to give her some candy or punch her in the face.


The Casiotone intro is the kind of stuff today's hipsters should be jizzing in their skinny khaki pants to. And if you watch the video until its blood-soaked, christ-impaling, virgin guts-ripping fiery finale, the pose at the end is also a classic. It's even more awesome than Quorthon of Bathory's infamous firebreathing picture. 

Awesome.
Not as awesome.

Now, this is what blew my mind & I'm pretty sure will blow yours too.

Raja Ema = 80s. Bathory = 80s. Therefore Raja Ema = Bathory.

2 comments:

  1. Was she trying to do a Flamenco dance? What 's with the curry puff hairdo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea what she is trying to do or achieve. All I know is I lost 4:39 minutes of my life watching the video & it will never come back....never ever...ever *echo effect*

      Delete